Monday, October 8, 2012

Losing my merry old marbles

Somehow it is already October 7. Time could not be ticking away faster. It feels like we have an insurmountable amount of work to do before we can get on a plane and ride it into our future. The stress of this GIANT looming deadline of October 21 has morphed from pull-our-hair-out insanity to almost comedic levels. In addition to many, many other things I'm absolutely sure I'm forgetting, we still have to work out our visas (yep- kind of a huge one), switch the car titles, find a way to get our car to the Bay Area so it can meet us in England, get Brian's other car back to IL, finish sorting our entire house into six piles (trash, give aways, storage, shipment, expedited shipment and pack for plane), clean house, prep for renters...

In addition to all this, I just found out a few days ago that we will not be able to take our sweet little dog with us like I thought we would. I was extremely upset about this for a few days and now I'm just trying not to think about it too much. I wallowed and now I'm in denial.

And, on top of all of that, I could not be more nervous about taking an extremely active (and recently vocal) 10 month old baby on an airplane for 12 hours (it's 16 hours of travel if you include the layover and car ride, but who's counting?!). AHHHH!

I just want to fast forward the next two months and be there with my family, starting our new lives together.I couldn't be more excited about being in England soon, but it is going to be a freaking miracle if we all don't lose our merry old marbles getting there.

1 comment: