Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30

Today I turned 30. I will say it hasn't been nearly as panic-inducing as I used to think it would be. If even 5 years ago I was told that today I would 1) be married 2) have a baby 3) be a stay-at-home mom and 4) be living in England, I wouldn't have believed any of it.

I feel that now that I'm 30, I should have something profound to say about it. Looking back, I'd say my 20s were all about figuring out what was going on in my head and learning to be ok with it. What I discovered is this: I am an introvert. I live in my head way too much and am way too comfortable there. I'm not shy. I'm not overly insecure. I can be social when needed or when I make a conscious effort, but it is not something that comes naturally. This explains it pretty well actually: http://sveidt.deviantart.com/art/How-to-Live-with-Introverts-Guide-Printable-320818879.

For the moment, my life is pretty together. I have an amazing husband that is perfect for me. He loves me and accepts me for exactly who I am- the good, the bad, the crazy and the ugly- and that is a really great feeling. I have a beautiful son that makes me smile til my face hurts. I have family and a handful of great friends that I love dearly. I'm at the beginning of this great adventure with my own little family that is going to allow us to spend the next 3 years exploring Europe and growing closer than ever as we learn to rely on each other.

It is because of all these things that I feel empowered today.

I know that I think and dream much bolder than I act. I don't take many risks or venture outside of my comfort zone very often. Turning 30 has me looking at what I want to make of the next 10 years. And I've decided that I want to be audacious. I'm not quite sure how to be an audacious introvert, but I'm excited to figure it out.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday dear,
    Welcome to 30. I've been there for 2 whole months now and you are way more profound then I. I'm glad you're blogging. It's nice to keep up with you. You sound like you're doing well and I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete